Everyday Skin Care Routine

3:31 PM

They say correct skincare is the key to happiness... ok maybe not that extreme but it sure can help, a good skincare regime can set you up with healthy, happy skin. Being only 24, I haven't had a huge amount of practice in what a true skin care regime is but I think I've tried and tested quite a few different products.


Firstly let's just talk about what type of skin I have, basically I have very sensitive, acne prone, combination skin. So in short, a lot of shit breaks me out and my skin get dry and oily all at the same time, it's a nightmare to try and cater to all my skins needs.
I mainly suffer with breakouts on my chin, I rarely get them anywhere else and if I do they will be on my cheeks or above my eyebrows (random, I know). The one thing that I think I can give thanks to my breakouts rapidly clearing is my intake of water (I drink so much more than I used to) and also taking Zinc vitamins I think has been one of the biggest contributors
.
 Onto the dry parts of my skin, I will get very, very dry around my nose, so dry that sometimes it will peel and crack and sting, I'm 90% sure it's psoriasis and I take care of it as if it is. My oily parts are your typical run of the mill T-Zone, so in between my brows, the middle/tip of my nose and my chin.

The best thing I have learned through my many years of trial and error is 'Oil Control' washes, scrubs, toners, wipes, anything of that nature will only make the matter worse, they will suck out all the natural moisture and oils in your skin which in turn will tell your body to produce more oil. So if you are trying to control oil, steer clear of those targeted products (I know it'll be hard not to reach for that but try haha)


As for my breakouts or anyone else's, they are a very personal this, as in not everyone breakouts for the same reason. They could be stress related, hormonal, bad diet, wrong skin care, reactions, a million reasons as to why the skin breaks out. So please be wary that just because something works for someone does not mean it will work for you. It has taken quite a few years for me to find a skin care that works well for me, I still don't think I've perfected it completely but it's something I'm happy with so far.

I will start with the first thing I do, makeup removal, this is the most important step to me as I wear a lot of make up. I try to never forget this step and I always regret it if I wake up after a big night out and I still have my makeup on.
My main product I use for taking off my makeup is wipes, I know they are the laziest way and the skin experts will give you a smack on the wrist for using them. But I like them, and I'm lazy, and I don't really care (haha rebellious). If I'm feeling like doing a bit more than rubbing my face with a wipe I will use the Garnier Micellar Water on a couple of cotton pads and that does the job just as good (maybe better, but who can be fucked with it, ya know).



The ones I prefer are from the brand Simple, I love them, they get every little bit of and they cut through a lot of mascara and eyeliner and even remove most of the glue from if I wear falsies.
There are so many brands that do wipes and at so many price points, Simple Facial Wipes are affordable and worth every penny, for about $6-$8 you get 25 wipes (they go on sale at Priceline or supermarkets ALL the time).

Next is cleanser, a good cleanser can be your bestfriend, it'll pick up and remove all the gunk the wipes didn't get, you can't have a skin care regime if you don't have a cleanser. If you decide to skip on the make up removal (if you don't wear much, the wipes aren't really necessary) a good cleanser is what will be the base of your skin care. I use the Simple Moisturising Facial Cleanser, it's gentle, doesn't make my skin feel raw and dry after using it. I hate using a face wash that makes your skin feel stripped afterwards, as if the wash has taken away every single drop of moisture in your skin and it's begging to be hydrated. This cleanser is the perfect mix of keeping the skin clean but not stripping it.


Now for my final step which is moisturiser, and take a wild guess as to what brand it is...Yep, Simple. I honestly LOVE Simple's brand, they are affordable, and the products are top quality. I never feel as if i'm putting a bunch of shit onto my skin. One of the biggest reasons I love their Hydrating Light Moisturiser is of how lightweight it is, you put it on and a minute later it's absorbed and there is no oily residue afterwards which is what I've struggled to find before. This is moisturiser will suit any skin types, especially us sensitive people, Simple have no nasties in their products and are targeted at sensitive skin.


Occasionally (maybe 2-3 times a week) I will do a mask and/or scrub of some sort, I have a couple favourites but in all honesty, I haven't found "the one", they are all just good and nothing great. First one I like is by a brand you can only get in Priceline I believe,  it is called Beauty Essentials and I really enjoy their Mud Mask and their Charcoal Scrub, they both work really well and I don't have many faults with them at all and they are probably the most affordable skincare range in Priceline.



Some other notable mentions are the Garnier Gentle Makeup Remover Wipes, they get off pretty much everything and are very hydrating and only cost around $7.00 for a 25 pack.


Another great facial cleanser is the Biore Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser, this is actually really great and I happily used a whole bottle of this stuff up, only con is it tends to give the stripped feeling if you don't moisturise quick enough.


Just remember what works for me, may not work for you. Skin is a very personal thing and everyone's is different in multiple ways.
I am still trying to clear up some scarring from past breakout so I would love some suggestions for that (I have tried Bio Oil, it's not for me, unfortunately)
Also what are your thoughts on toners? I used witch hazel for quite a while but didn't notice much of difference. Tell me your thoughts!
Let me know your skin care routine, I'm always willing to try out new stuff.

Thank you for reading, talk to you soon
MelbourneBelle. xx
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts