Review: Australis Rapid Tan Self Tanner

12:57 PM

Ok, so when I said I was a bit of a self tan guru I wasn't joking. I am addicted, I am a self tan junkie and I can't stop trying every new tan that emerges on the shelf. I'm starting to think I need an intervention to be honest, someone call Dr. Phil!



Today's tan review is on the new Australis Rapid Tan in the Purple Mousse shade (it comes in a chocolate shade as well), so as the name and colour would suggest this tan has a purple undertone to it, which is usually suitable for darker skin tones. I'm a little guilty, I naturally do not have a darker skin tone, quite the opposite, I have a very pink undertone. But I want the darkest tan possible so I always get the darkest shade available (I don't think I've ever bought a light shade in self tan haha).



Now I wouldn't say this has a very prominent violet undertone, if anything I saw a very green undertone, even in sunlight I had a green tinge to my skin, and I hate that. Even after rinsing the top layer off I still had a really green look to my skin, I was looking like a bloody lizard. This was easily the biggest con, but not the only.

But one thing the name got right was rapid, this tan dries quickly and develops quickly, it advertises that there are 3 stages to development, 1 hour for a lighter tan, 2 for a medium tan and lastly, 3 plus hours for a deep tan. I left mine on overnight (roughly 8-10 hours) and then rinsed in the morning. After rinsing the tan was even and had no streaks at all, it had applied smoothly and developed just as smooth.



To put the next point bluntly, the fading of the tan was bloody horrible, it went so blotchy and streaky, my hands had started to go blotchy within a day. The tan stuck to my knuckles and started to fade on the rest of my hands, giving me maybe the most horrible fake tan hands ever (ok, maybe not ever, but they were bad).
This was a huge downside of the tan for me, I love having a tan but I hate applying tan haha! So the thought of having to scrub (which took for-fucking-ever by the way) the tan off and then reapply a new coat after 3 days just wasn't an option.

I bought this tan for roughly $13-$14 but it's regular price is around the $20 mark I believe, which is far too much, you can get much better tans for the same price.
Australis Rapid Tan is also available in a spray and a lotion.


  • Where to Buy: Official Website, Priceline, MyChemist, Chemist Warehouse
  • Price Range: $23.00 (roughly)
  • Shade Range: 2 Shades (Chocolate and Purple)
  • Drying Time: 7/10
  • Developed Colour: 3/10
  • Lasting Time: 1/10
  • Scent: 5/10 (nothing special but not horrible)
  • Overall Rating: 5/10
So all in all the tan was alright, would I repurchase it? Probably not. Was it easy to use? Yeah, has an active colour so you can see where you're applying the mousse. Is it a great tan? No, but it was alright. Remember everyone has different outcomes as everyone's skin is different. What didn't work for me, may work for you and vice versa.

Hopefully this helps, let me know if you try it and how you went with it in the comments below.

Thank you so much for ready. Talk to you soon.
MelbourneBelle. xx

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I've never heard of this brand, it's a pity it didn't work out! Great review though! x

    Veganism and why over on -
    hailandharmony.blogspot.ie
    // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts