Monthly Favourites: November

4:50 PM

I cannot get over that it is December, another year is almost over and as everyone always says, where has the year gone?
It feels like just a couple months ago I was having a big christmas lunch on the deck with my family, now its only a few short weeks till we do it all over again.

As another month passes my favourite products start to shift as I try new stuff, so I thought I would jump on the bandwagon and write myself up a monthly favourites post.
I've decided to mix in a few different types of products, not just beauty related but lifestyle bits n bobs too.

Firstly, I have rediscovered my Simple Facial moisturiser and I honestly have no idea why I stopped using it. It absorbs so quickly and doesn't leave a gross residue on your skin, it has no nasties in it and hydrates my skin so nicely. I get really bad dry skin around my nose and now I have no more yucky dry patches, it's also really affordable. Two thumbs up from me.


Next up, A charcoal face mask from the brand Daily Fix, I picked this up on a whim in the supermarket one night and ended up loving it. I'd never heard of the brand and it being so cheap I didn't have a lot of faith in it. I was wrong. This mask is so nice, it makes your skin feel so refreshed, clean and soft, your pores feel so deeply cleansed. Definitely check it out, I got mine from my local Woolworths.

Now onto some makeup bits, I'm a huge makeup junkie, I love it, I love trying out peoples recommendations and suggestions and this one was actually a recommendation from one of Kylie Jenner's infamous snapchats. It is MAC lip liner in the shade Stripdown.
I'm gonna be honest, I only bought it because she said that was one of the shades she loves to wear, but I'm glad I did because I love it. It's the perfect brown nude, is super creamy (as all mac lip liners are) and lasts all day, through eating and drinking, needing only minor touch ups. definitely worth the splurge if you're looking for that Kylie lip.


Another MAC product, this one is a highlighter. I'm sure you've already guessed it, and you would be right if you guessed Soft and Gentle.
 I LOVE THIS HIGHLIGHTER, just like the rest of us makeup junkies. It gives such a nice glowy finish to where you apply it (above cheekbones, tip of the nose and cupids bow).
It photographs perfectly and is super long lasting. It's well worth your money and I would recommend it to anyone who loves makeup.

Onto the last "beauty" item, I say beauty in quotations because I'm not sure it really counts as it's a toothpaste. It's the Colgate Optic White, I didn't know it was possible to even love a toothpaste, or have a favourite, but it is. I love this stuff, it makes your teeth so white and keeps them white. It's not over powering in mint flavour but makes your mouth feel perfectly clean and fresh. Not much to say about it really, other than it does what it says it does.

Now for the lifestyle section of these favourites, my first one is a tv show, and one that I'm pretty late on the bandwagon with, it's The Walking Dead. I know, I know, it's been a favourite of what seems like the whole population for quite a while now but I never really thought I would like it. One day I was just flicking through Netflix and I decided to just watch one episode and see what all the fuss is about. I ended up watching the whole first season that night (admittedly the first season is only about 6 eps long haha). I was hooked and still am, I'm nearly up to date and am trying to avoid reading anything about the new season like i'm avoiding the plague.

Another lifestyle fave is actually a website, Pinterest, it has been hugely popular for quite a few years now, and I've always used it but this month I've just become overly addicted, I've been using it more than instagram (@melbournebelle) which is saying a lot haha. Check out my pinterest boards here

Now for a some books and music, I love to read, it's one of my favourite hobbies and I just love getting lost inside a book. One of the most recent ones I've read that I've thoroughly enjoyed were Girl Online and Girl Online: On Tour by UK Youtuber Zoe Sugg. Now these are no Da Vinci Code, these books will not change your life but they are definitely a bit of fun to read, super easy and quick and the story line and characters are very cute. One of my favourite aspects of the book was that she included real life teen struggles in the book like anxiety. Zoe did a really good job at making the issues seem fairly relatable.
Some music that I've been loving this month have been 2 newly released ablums (actually on the same date). Justin Bieber's album Purpose and One Direction's Made In The AM. I love both of them so much. The lyrics on Justin's album are perfection, this album seems so much more real and deep and true to him, mor ethan any album he has released prior. My fave song from the album so far is Love Yourself, it's very catchy so beware!!
I LOVE MADE IN THE AM!!!!! hahah, I'm a fairly big 1D fan and I honestly didn't think any album could top Four, but I was wrong! M.I.T.AM is amazing, there is a perfect balance between catchy pop songs and sweet and soft ballads. There isn't a song I don't like so far! Definitely give it a listen if you haven't already.
So that's it for this months favey faves. I hope you enjoyed reading about some of the shit I've been loving, let me know if you try any of the products or what you think of some of the music, if you want.

Thank you for reading.
MelbourneBelle. xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts