Review: Mine Tan Self Tan

12:35 PM



Yes another self tanner review, I know, I know. But I did tell you that I was a self proclaimed fake tan guru, I apologise in advance for future self tanner reviews and mentions.
Today I'm going to review the understated Mine Tan, this is a tan I to completely ignored on the shelf simply because it is rarely talked about.

My tan of choice is the Super Onyx Dark Ash Foam, which is the darkest of the three available (obviously haha). Now this tan is super overwhelming at first, even the name is intimidating, black foam? Really?
But don't be too scared, yes when the first pump hits your mitt you will be surprised, this stuff is DARK and by dark I mean black (hence the name haha). When I applied the tan directly onto my skin I knew I was in love already, the tan smoothly applied and the colour payoff already was intense. 




This tan is super ashy and is definitely not made for a self tan newbie, if you're new to self tanning you may want to try Bondi Sands foam it's a lot less intimidating. 
When you first apply the Super Onyx Ash foam it can look a little sooty, but don't stress it will all be okay.
The foam applies really evenly and blended effortlessly, this isn't necessarily a fool proof tan but if you have some confidence in your self tanning skills, give this a go.

The typical fake tan smell is subtle but is still definitely there but I don't find my self smelling it hours after the tan was applied (admittedly I do apply tan before bed)
This is a one hour developing tan and it's pretty spot on, I find my colour won't get much deeper after about 3 hours which is a plus because you can apply this before a night out and still have time to rinse off the top layer (a must for a good, even tan).

The lasting time of this tan is decent, I've had tan that lasts longer but I have DEFINITELY had tans that have faded a lot faster. With good up keep and good preparation this tan can last a solid 5-6 days, and personally I think that is a pretty decent length of time for a tan to last.
Now what I mean about good up keep and good prep is this.



Self Tanner Preparation:
  • -Shaving roughly 12-24 hours in advance. Don't shave just before you apply self tan, shaving opens up your pores and will allow the tan to seep in and give a very uneven/spotty application.
  • -Exfoliating just after shaving, shaving will remove most, if not all dead skin cells but exfoliating will make sure you're as soft as a little babies booty (haha) I love using the classic exfoliating gloves that you will find at just about any supermarket or chemist.
  • -Moisturising your dry areas about an hour before you intend on tanning, common dry areas are your knees, elbows, knuckles, ankles, and toes but by all means if you have any other dry areas don't hesitate to apply a light moisturiser. 

 Self Tanner Up Keep:
  • -Moisturise! I cannot express the importance of keeping your skin hydrated, not just when using self tan but in general. Self tan can typically dry out your skin and it is important to keep that moisture in, keeping your skin hydrated will help with the tan lasting longer and will also help with it fading much nicer when it's time is up.
  • -Light exfoliating, Now I don't mean scrub the shit out of your skin but still continue to remove the dead skin cells, I find using a big fluffy loofah and body wash is the best way to give a light exfoliation.
  • -Be mindful of perfumes and deodorants, both of these, typically perfume, will fade and discolour your tan. Try avoiding spraying perfume directly onto your skin, pop it on your clothes instead. Skipping deodorant probably isn't really an option so try and opt for a drier consistency, like Ladies Speed Stick or a spray. 


So at the end of all that my verdict on the Mine Tan self tanner is pretty good, it won't send you broke and it won't be a huge hassle to reapply every few days.


  • Where to buy: Official Website, Priceline, AdoreBeauty
  • Price Range: $29.99-$32.95
  • Shade Range: Original, Violet, Dark Ash Onyx
  • Drying Time: 7.5/10. Dries within about 40 mins
  • Developed Colour: 9/10
  • Lasting Time: 8/10 
  • Overall Rating: 8/10
Hopefully this was a little bit of help to some of you and you decide to give it a go, let me know if you do, I'd love to hear your opinions on it too.

Thank you for reading!

Melbourne Belle. xx


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts